Why Munich Business Academy?
If you want to live and learn consultancy in the centre of Europe then the Munich Business Academy is the right place for you! Learn about the challenges that startups face, engage with esteemed mentors and work on your business and leadership skills outside the classroom. Improve your professional and personal skills, gain new experiences, network and travel. We guarantee that our summer school will leave you hungry for success!
- Guided by the company founders, you will have a chance to work with them and see their day-to-day operations, while planning with them their short & long-term strategies, market expansions, etc...
- Neuschwanstein Castle is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe, as its grandeur exterior was the inspiration for Walt Disney's Cinderella castle.
- The ABC Business Academy is authorized to organize the course that is accredited by HDBW and the ECTS framework by the European Commission and meets all the requirements of an academically recognized subject of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree.
- Participating in an international summer program boosts your employment because it means that you are willing to get out of your comfort zone to learn more.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with successful mentors, who will help you develop applicable solutions to your business case.
The unique learning experience of the Munich Business Academy will see you develop personal and professional skills through interactive classes with experienced professors. Participants can apply these skills to real-life business cases of highly prospective startups.
Designed to reflect the current market challenges, our summer school, will teach you what it takes to thrive in a competitive environment. Benefit from the community of professional mentors who share their advice, experience and, expertise with our participants. They have established successful, innovative companies, and proved themselves to be some of the brightest minds in industry.
To reward all this hard work, we will take a trip to Disney’s inspiration Cinderella’s Castle – Neuschwanstein Castle. Explore this phenomenal castle with your new friends and take some time to relax!
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to gain real-life experience and build an outstanding resume!
Duration: 15 days
Program language: English
Dates: 18th – 31st of August 2019
1.900,00€ 1.450,00€ (EUR) / Early bird discount!
Course name: Business Consulting
Class size: 60 participants
Credits: 5 ECTS
Length: 40 hours
- Bavarian business culture overview
- Case studies provided by Start-ups & Corporations
- Lectures supporting cases
- Consultations with mentors on cases
- Case results pitching (Mindspace)
Corporate visits & Mentors
- Corporate visits
Upon completion of the Munich Business Academy, participants receive:
- Certificate of completion
- Recommendation letter
- ECTS approval (if ECTS was selected and the participant passed the program)
- Certificate of excellence (only for the top ranked participants / winning group)
- Wildcard entry into the ABC Accelerator (only for the top ranked participants / winning group)
Munich Business Academy focuses on solving complex challenges of startups through a consultancy style program empowered by having successful mentors from various industries. Throughout the summer school, you will learn about the ‘management toolbox’ and how this can help approach challenges.
Through a series of group work challenges in the Case Challenge Competition, you will apply what you have learnt to real life startups. Our highly experienced mentors will help talk through the challenges, giving you the opportunity to ask questions and discuss your ideas. Our intensive summer school program has been expertly engineered to provide you with maximum learning potential! Giving you the opportunity to develop your personal and professional skills this summer.
Ready to roll up your sleeves and experience early-stage management beyond textbooks and prep-talks? Then get ready for your entrepreneurial experience at the Munich Business Academy.
Case Challenge Competition
Working on a series of real-life business challenges will help you reinforce the information you have acquired in a practical way. As a team, you will work with our network of startups to bring fresh ideas and solutions to the table. Our supportive mentors will provide assistance along the way! A range of topics will be covered in the cases, including marketing, human resources, finance, and digitization. These case challenges will equip you with the skills to work in a fast-paced competitive environment. Skills that are essential for today’s business world. The final event of the Case Challenge will be held in the inspiring offices of our partner Mindspace! What better place to showcase what you have learnt over the summer school.
Throught your group work you will also have the support of our business mentors. Their rich knowledge and experience will help encourage you to find unique and optimal solutions to the case challenges. Their advice will help you make fewer mistakes, and you will have more time to focus and develop the best business ideas. Mentoring represents a powerful personal development and empowerment tool providing you unique and valuable professional and personal skills. That is why it is a focal point on our summer school!
Free-time and fun!
You will be working extremely hard on our two week summer school, but there is always some time for fun activities. Munich has plenty to explore, from the beautiful architecture, to the typical Bavarian bars! The BMW museum is a must for car lovers! We will also take a 1-day trip to Disney’s inspiration Cinderella’s Castle – Neuschwanstein Castle. With more than 1.3 million people visit annually, the castles breathtaking backdrop is perfect to get fantastic pictures and learn about some history!
Tuition fee & Dates
- Possible payment installments:
18th – 31st of August 2019
The MBA Hoodie
We know that organising a trip to a foreign country can be stressful, that’s why our summer school does all the hard work for you! All you need to sort is your airplane tickets, any visa required and food throughout the course. Everything else is taken care of by us in the tuition fee!
What is included in the Tuition Fee?
- Welcome package
- Course material
- Networking events
- Seminars and corporate visits
- Certificate of completion
- 24/7 assistance from our coordinators
- Exclusive access to our Alumni network, possibility to become part of our team
- 1-day trip (Neuschwanstein Castle – Disney’s Cinderella’s Castle!) and an experience that you will remember for the rest of your life!
Breakfast package (included)
Breakfast package includes everyday meals, available from 7:30 AM to 10:00 AM daily, served buffet style. Self-service breakfast includes a choice of fresh juice, yogurt, cereal, hot breakfast, eggs, ham, pastry, fruit, and coffee or tea.
ECTS transfer (100€)
Our program offers 5 ECTS credit points to university participants (accredited for the Bachelors and Masters level), which can be chosen as an additional option during your application.
Coris personal and cancellation insurance
Please contact us at [email protected] from more info.
- Different discounts are not cumulative.
- A Registration Fee of EUR 100€ must be paid upon confirmation from the ABC Business Academy about your participation. This amount is non-refundable and will be deducted from your Tuition Fee.
General Academic Partner
Our international academic and ECTS accreditation partner is HDBW – Hochschule der Bayerischen Wirtschaft is a private, state-approved university for applied sciences with a focus on business and technology, based in Munich as well as in study centers in Bamberg and Traunstein.
The ABC Business Academy is authorized to organize the course at the HDBW that is accredited by European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) framework by the European Commission and meets all the requirements of an academically recognized subject of the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree.
HDBW – Hochschule der Bayerischen Wirtschaft
Konrad-Zuse-Platz 8, 81829 München, Germany
Commonly known as the capital of Bavarian region or German’s beer capital, Munich is the third largest city in Germany, with a population over 1.4 million people. As a major international centre for business, engineering, and research, it has been ranked in top 10 EU cities for developing business. Munich brings together companies of all sizes and industries, keeping the city exceptionally resilient and crisis-proof, making a solid base for economic development. The unique blend of cultural, geographic, and economic factors has induced evolution of uprising innovative and start-up scene. A feat which has resulted in Munich’s frontrunner position in technological solutions.
Participants are accommodated in a shared-style modern rooms at the brand new H2 hotel in Munich. The location is the ideal base for visiting the city and, at the same time, the hotel is located just across the street of HDBW, where classes are held. A direct U-Bahn (underground train) connection whisks you in just about 5 minutes to the heart of the city centre and its many sights, including Marienplatz and the Pinakothek museums. Starting from the Munich trade fair hall, discover all the sights of the Bavarian metropolis: the Oktoberfest, the Allianz Arena, the Hofbräuhaus, the Viktualienmarkt or the Alter Peter tower; they are all easy to reach.
Want to know more?
Visit our media library and check out testimonials, location presentations and much more.