Why Munich Business Academy?
Has Europe always been on your bucket list? Now you have the chance to scratch it off by living and learning in the centre of Europe at Munich Business Academy! If you would love to learn from European leaders’ success stories, find out some tricks and tips on how to achieve big things in business or you already have some questions about starting your own business idea, you are the perfect candidate for our program in Munich. Get a front row insight in the world of startup challenges mentored by successful entrepreneurs and start working on your business and leadership skills in an intelligent and digitally networked working environment. We guarantee you this summer business course will be the peak of your summer!
Guided by the company founders, you will have a chance to work with them and see their day-to-day operations, while planning with them their short & long-term strategies, market expansions, etc...
Opportunity to spend time with like-minded, success-driven individuals from all over the world and to make friendships for life or to find a potential business partner!
An investment in knowledge is an investment in yourself. Once invested, it will pay the best interest and will for sure reflect in your future uprising career.
Participating in an international summer program boosts your employment because it means that you are willing to get out of your comfort zone to learn more.
You will have the opportunity to meet like-minded, success-driven individuals from all over the world. You gain friendships for life and perhaps find a potential business partner.
The Munich Business Academy prepares you for a career as an entrepreneur or executive leader in highly competitive industries. It’s an intensive, collaborative and rewarding learning experience where not even a day is the same. You will gain many professional and personal skills and apply what you learn in real life business cases provided directly from highly prospective startups.
Your two-week summer course will boost your leadership qualities and provide cutting-edge skills based off of an adaptive curriculum that reflects current industry challenges in a competitive market. You will leave the summer business school armed with the skills and tools needed to navigate and succeed in today’s world. Though the Munich Business Academy program is challenging (think long days and lots of coffee!), it’s an incredibly rewarding experience where you will get the professional support of entrepreneur mentors from start to finish. At the end you will be a master with the right skills to create a startup from scratch or make a career switch into other market fields. You will spend most of your time working directly with real companies, solving real problems. You’ll work closely with innovators and leaders while developing your own areas of expertise.
Meet our incredible community of professional mentors who have built and sold innovative companies, helped to shape the future of our world, and are now lending their advice, experience and expertise to you. You’ll be gaining insights and knowledge from the brightest minds in the industry while having fun and making lifelong connections. Trip to Disney’s inspiration Cinderella’s Castle – Neuschwanstein Castle, will take your breath away during our weekend getaway!
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to gain real-life experience and build an outstanding resume!
Duration: 15 days
Program language: English
Dates: Session 1: August 29 – September 12, 2018
Discounted Tuition Fee: (EUR) € 1.400,00 + TAX
(for applications before 30. 4. 2018)
Course name: Business Consulting
Class size: 30 students
Credits: 5 ECTS
Length: 40 hours
Lectures: 30 hours
- German business culture overview
- Case studies provided by Start-ups & Corporations
- Lectures supporting cases
- Consultations with mentors on cases
- Case results pitching (Mindspace)
Corporate visits & Mentors: 10 hours
- Corporate visits
Very often we think that an entrepreneur simply must come up with a smashing business plan, and from there on, it is all downhill – even a lot of business schools are creating this kind of an impression. But is that really the entrepreneurial reality? NO!
In fact, the real challenges (but also the real fun of it) just get started when the business plan is written, and the company has been formally started. Now you are in the real world. Early stage management phase of a start-up is highly interesting and challenging – which is exactly, why the Munich Business Academy is focusing on this aspect of entrepreneurship. We will be looking at the necessary “management toolbox” to handle these challenges, you will get a chance to apply these tools in group work challenges and to discuss your ideas and questions with entrepreneurs, who have gone through this stage – and who are yet again faced with such topics over and over again.
Ready to roll up your sleeves and experience early-stage management beyond textbooks and prep-talks? Then get ready for your entrepreneurial experience at the Munich Business Academy.
- Analyze which markets to enter and how to enter them.
- Recognize potential risks.
- Establishing a loyal customer base in the foreign markets.
- Understand what the full impact on your business will be.
- Understand what to do to keep your international business growing.
- Adapt to various cultural differences.
- Find the right partners and a team.
- Develop a strategy and later on how to execute this strategy.
- Build financial models and reports for your startup.
- Use best practices for financial modeling.
- Be confident when talking about finance, acounting and business.
- Calculate the amount of capital need for a particular project.
- Understand what you need to manage the cashflows.
- Calculate cash flows.
- Do a project evaluation.
- Learn which information matters.
- Understand and measure growth.
- Understand and measure net profit, revenue, and other financial data.
- Understand business expansion (e.g. licensing, internal development).
- Learn more about joint venture/alliance.
- Learn about outside financing.
- Think outside the box to create transformative solutions to challenges.
- Use digital technologies in order to create revenue.
- Use digital technologies improve business.
- Use digital technologies to replace and transform business processes.
- Learn about the important information in real time through the use of new digital service.
- Learn about the integrated use of internal and external data which will strengthen your innovation power.
- Comparing daily operations of Startups vs daily operations of Corporations.
- Learn more about responsibilities at every level of companies on a daily basis.
- Learn to solve problems on your own.
- Learn the best way to communicate at every level.
- Learn how to operate in a massively scale-driven environment.
- Think in a long-term and understand the importance of strategies.
- Be more aware of current trends in business.
- Learn more about organization’s current challenges (launching a new product, working with a big client for the first time, redesigning the website).
- Define your company’s vision.
- Achieve a specified mission.
- Identify the milestones that are important to achieving the overall goal.
- Establish where the business is currently, where do you want it to go, how will you get there and how will you know when you’ve arrived.
- Set a general path based on company values, goals and objectives, while having the ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Review and modify on a daily basis to make sure you’re progressing toward your goals.
- Create an action plan and generate value.
- Aligning short-term strategies in order to achieve long-term strategies.
During case challenges, you will not be left on your own. Besides working on your skills by yourself, and with the help of your group, you will have the support of our business mentors. Mentors are there for you and for your questions. Their role is to support and encourage you to find your own unique and optimal solution with their guidance. This way, you will make fewer mistakes, and you will have more time to focus and develop the best business ideas. Mentoring represents a powerful personal development and empowerment tool providing you unique and valuable professional and personal skills.
Let us take your learning journey to a whole new level! Our summer business academy program gives you a chance to visit some of the most powerful companies in Europe. By visiting corporations, you will be able to gain more insights into the industry as well as fetch upcoming trends. You also get the chance to learn first-hand about specific job requirements you might be interested in from successful people working for these companies. You will definitely get motivated and inspired during the corporate visits. What is a better way to see when the hard work really pays off?
Case Challenge Competition
What is a better way of becoming an effective business leader than participating in a case competition? Working on a real business idea project will enhance your knowledge and ability to solve problems while designing a proper market strategy within a group setting with the invaluable mentoring of world-class entrepreneurs. You will be able to exercise your skills and knowledge on real-life cases provided by our network of startups. Cases will revolve around various areas such as marketing, human resources, finance, digitization, etc. During the business academy summer school, you will take part in several challenges based on rotating groups. Meaning, you will be working in different groups with different people from around the world on each case. All of this will help you learn how to adapt to different challenges in a fast-paced competitive market and how to handle them effectively. To be more precise, participating in a case challenge plays a significant role in improving your skills. The final event of Case competition is held in beautiful and inspiring workspaces of Mindspace.
Tuition fee & Dates
August 29 – September 12 , 2018
Early Bird discounted Tuition Fee for applications before 30. 4. 2018.
(EUR) $ 1.400,00 + TAX
What is included in the Tuition Fee?
Accommodation, breakfast, welcome package, lectures, course material, networking events, seminars and corporate visits, certificate of completion, 24/7 assistance from our coordinators, exclusive access to our Alumni network, possibility to become part of our team, 1-day trip (Neuschwanstein Castle – Disney’s Cinderella’s Castle!) and an experience that you will remember for the rest of your life!
Breakfast package – Included in price
Breakfast package includes everyday meals, available from 7:30 AM to 10:00 AM daily, served buffet style. Self-service breakfast includes a choice of fresh juice, yogurt, cereal, hot breakfast, eggs, ham, pastry, fruit, and coffee or tea.
- Different discounts are not cumulative.
- A Registration Fee of EUR 100€ + TAX must be paid upon confirmation from the ABC Business Academy about your participation. This amount is non-refundable and will be deducted from your Tuition Fee.
General Academic Partner
The HDBW – Hochschule der Bayerischen Wirtschaft is a private, state-approved university for applied sciences with a focus on business and technology, based in Munich as well as in study centers in Bamberg and Traunstein. In close cooperation with Bavarian and international companies, HDBW offers business-oriented Bachelor and Master’s Degree programmes.
The ABC Business Academy is authorized to organize the course accredited at the HDBW and meets all the requirements of an academically recognized subject of the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree.
HDBW – Hochschule der Bayerischen Wirtschaft
Konrad-Zuse-Platz 8, 81829 München, Germany
More known as the capital of Bavarian region or German’s beer capital, Munich is the third largest city in Germany, with a population over 1, 4 million people. As a major international centre for business, engineering and research, it has been ranked in top 10 EU cities for developing business. Having a diverse economic structure, the so called “Munich mix”, Munich can bring together companies of all sizes and industries and thus keep the city exceptionally resilient and crisis-proof, which makes a solid base for economic development. The unique blend of cultural, geographic, and economic factors has induced evolution of uprising innovative and start-up scene, which resulted with Munich’s frontrunner position in technological solutions. If you are either a BMW or football fan, Munich should be your next destination!
Participants are accommodated in a shared-style modern rooms at the brand new H2 hotel in Munich. The location is the ideal base for visiting the city and, at the same time, the hotel is located just across the street of HDBW, where classes are held. A direct U-Bahn (underground train) connection whisks you in just about 5 minutes to the heart of the city centre and its many sights, including Marienplatz and the Pinakothek museums. Starting from the Munich trade fair hall, discover all the sights of the Bavarian metropolis: the Oktoberfest, the Allianz Arena, the Hofbräuhaus, the Viktualienmarkt or the Alter Peter tower; they are all easy to reach.
Want to know more?
Visit our media library and check out testimonials, location presentations and much more.