Recent research from the higher education search portal www.educations.com has revealed that Canada is the best place in the world to study abroad. We dug deeper to discover what makes Canada and Toronto, such attractive destinations for international students.
In a recent survey of over 30,000 international students, Canada was ranked as the #1 destination in the world to study abroad in educations.com ranking of the Top 10 Places in the World to Study Abroad. The rationale for the ranking is based on seven key factors identified by students as the most important when choosing a study abroad destination.
The seven factors include:
- To achieve my career goals;
- To develop myself personally;
- To experience a new culture or lifestyle;
- To access higher-quality teaching;
- To have an adventure;
- To make new friends or widen my professional network, and
- To learn a new language.
Students representing 192 nationalities ranked the importance of each category. Using external data to score and average countries for each factor, Canada emerged as the #1 destination for international students to make their study abroad dreams come true.
As the largest city in Canada, Toronto offers international students the opportunity to flex their business muscles and take advantage of the incredible array of resources that the city has to offer. Read on to discover what makes Canada such an ideal destination for international students, and you’ll be packing your bags for Toronto before you know it!
Business and Tech Meet Multiculturalism in Toronto
From a global perspective, Toronto is a relatively small city. Despite its size, hundreds of successful multinational businesses call the city home and the number of tech startups in Toronto is beginning to rival Silicon Valley. While Toronto isn’t Canada’s capital, it is the hub for many of the nation’s major sectors, including finance, the creative industries, law, and more.
The vibrant tech and business scene mean that studying abroad in Toronto will put you in close proximity to some of Canada’s most successful businesses, and you’ll have the opportunity to network and learn from some of the industry’s leading minds!
Toronto’s business scene is thriving, and so is its multiculturalism. Home to 100+ languages, Toronto has been ranked as the most multicultural city in the world! 51.2% of Toronto’s population hail from outside of Canada and more than 170 languages are spoken across the city – making Toronto more statistically diverse than many other global capitals. The city is host to many culturally-specific neighborhoods like Little India, Little Portugal, Greektown, Little Italy, Chinatown, and many more!
A Life-Changing Experience
With everything that Toronto has to offer, you might be wondering what you’ll specifically get out of studying business in Canada – the top-ranked country for studying abroad.
- By participating in an immersive and integrated business program, you’ll be working side-by-side with business professionals – helping you get one step closer to your career goals, widening your professional network and learning from the very best.
- Studying abroad is a life-changing experience for many international students. Not only will you experience a new culture and lifestyle, but you’ll also grow and develop in ways you don’t even realize until you’ve returned to your home country.
- If you’re hoping to improve your English, studying abroad in Canada is a great way to make it happen. With Toronto’s incredible multiculturalism, every day will be an adventure as you discover everything that the city has to offer.
The vast array of vibrant cultures and Toronto’s healthy ecosystem of businesses, tech start-ups, and financial institutions come together to make studying business in Toronto the opportunity of a lifetime. Still curious about studying business in Toronto? Discover 10 more things about the city – there’s always more to explore.